Powered by Fairytale Town and located at Maple Neighborhood Center, the Sacramento Adventure Playground is a free after-school youth development program for ages 6 to 15.
The Adventure Playground is open for after-school play! Check our hours of operation. Participation is free, but youth must be registered by a parent to participate.
Help support the Sacramento Adventure Playground! Donations for the Playground can be made through Fairytale Town’s website.
What’s Happening – Re-Opening Thursday, June 18!
The regular out of school program will be returning June 18. Days/hours for the summer are: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays 2:15-6:30pm. Saturdays 11am-4pm. There will be no Community Days (younger children with parents until further notice).
In order to meet our social distancing and health safety the below is being implemented. Changes and updates can occur. Please be prepared and flexible.
The Playground will be limited to 20 participants at a time. RESERVATIONS ARE CURRENTLY REQUIRED:
- firstname.lastname@example.org Email (preferred) or call no earlier than 10:30am the morning of the day you wish to visit with your time preference. 9:00am for Saturday reservations. Phone: (916) 222-3831.
- Weekday Times Blocks: 2:15-4:15 or 4:30-6:30. Saturdays 11:00am – 1:15pm or 1:30-4:00pm. Stay overs may occur ONLY if not exceeding the reservation limit.
- Walk-Ups will be allowed only if within the participant limit number.
These are our critical health procedures:
- Parents are welcome to observe through the fence and at the drop off area, but are strongly discouraged from staying on the grounds, for social distancing safety reasons and to foster the child’s experience of independent play.
- Any youth or staff entering must:
- Had temperature checked by parent and no high fevers.
- Washed clothes for the day.
- Hands washed immediately upon entry.
- Observe social distancing (as best that youth can).
- Observe all off-limit play, items and other health imposed criteria/objects.
- Play will be for OUTSIDE play mostly. Inside is reserved for cooling or a dedicated individual craft area.
- In accordance with State ruling face masks must be worn by all children over 3. Please note that plastic face shields are acceptable form of face covering (updated requirement effective June 19).
- Youth must bring their own refillable water bottle with their name clearly written on it.
- COMPLETE DESCRIPTION OF HEALTH PROCEDURES:
The Summer Camps are preceding as scheduled. Please see “Summer Camp” page for details. All Community Days and other special events outside of Camps are on-hold until further notice.
In the News
- KCRA recently visited the Adventure Playground.
- Good Day Sacramento visited the Adventure Playground.
- Sacramento Sidetracks reviewed the Adventure Playground.
- Capital Public Radio recently visited the Adventure Playground.
Check Out Our New Video