Thank You To Our Sponsors!
The Alger Family • Tara Kerle and Elizabeth DeFazio
CAMP OBSTACLE RACING
COMPLETE 2020 WAVE TIMES WILL BE POSTED HERE NO LATER THAN OCT. 9 (some start times will be up earlier).
The 2020 Dirty Kid Race and Training Program has been approved by County Health officials. As part of the process certain functions will be adjusted to bring the program more in line with a traditional “camp” program offering. This includes:
- The October 10 race will be broken down into 7 distinct areas. Each starting “Wave” will consist of up to eight runners. These runners and their immediate guardian will go through the sections as a wave “group”, thus limiting contact with other runners and parents. An Obstacle Counselor will be your guide through the entire process of about 70 minutes.
- Area 1. Registration Pick-Up. Starting at 30 minutes from your assigned Wave Time (post no later than Oct. 8) you will have 10 minutes to pick-up your bib number and t-shirt (if ordered)
- Area 2. Warm-Up and Practice Area. 10 minutes. Some sample obstacles will be present.
- Area 3. Staging Area. Starting Instructions will be given to the runners and Timing Information obtained.
- Area 4. Racers will race, parents will stay within the defined spectator areas (improved viewing for 2020).
- Area 5. Picture Area. With your own camera take pictures on our “muddy” backgrounds. Important that you stay with your group the entire 10 minutes.
- Area 6. Clean-Up Area. Stay in this area until your Counselor moves you on (about 10 minutes).
- Area 7. Muddy Activity. Using clay each racer will have 10 minutes to create their own muddy sculpture of their experience/choice in a individualized area. Parents are to hang back and social distance. Clay/sculpture is to be taken home.
- LEAVE – Very important. Please do not “hang around”.
- Waves will be made of up to 8 racers. Waves will be determined by family name, parent name and/or email address. We will announce how to do a Wave Request about one week out. This means runners of different ages may be running in the same wave.
- Parent/guardian is limited to two per family (one preferred). Younger siblings who cannot be by themselves may be present. We know everyone wants to watch, but not this year.
- Spectators must wear face masks and social distance from non-family members at all times.
- Racers must wear face masks for all portions EXCEPT Race and Clean-Up. Recommend bringing them a spare.
- Bring a towel and something to keep them warm if it’s a cool day. For waiting to go into clean-up, or after clean-up.
- Bring your own water. There will be NO WATER AVAILABLE.
- Stay with your group and in your designated area.
- The Adventure Playground will be closed for the day.
- Cleaning/disinfecting protocols will be in place (see Welcome Page for details).
- There will be no 4-5 year old only race waves. They will be with older runners and given instructions for a short course. Parent help may be needed to guide your young runner off the course to the finish line at the appropriate time.
STANDARD EVENT INFORMATION
Fitness should be fun! Join us at our Dirty Kid Obstacle Race Camp. Youth ages 6-15 will race in a half-mile+- course with about 15 obstacles, including MUD! New for 2020 there will also be a smaller course for ages 4-5 and Team Races.
Obstacles can vary. There will be over, under, carry, crawl and of course mud. Obstacles will not have a high degree of difficulty. Youth will run in “waves” of up to 8 persons. The course will be within and behind the Adventure Playground. Course for 4-5 year olds will be approximately 200-300 meters with about 10 obstacles. For 2020 4-5 year olds will be staged with older runners to keep family units intact.
Starting times will be approximately 10 minutes apart per wave (passing will happen). Wave times will be posted below no later than October 9. There will be no awards for 2020 (back in 2021).
Due COVID-19 Restrictions there will be no Team Racing for this year.
DIRTY KID OBSTACLE RACE CAMP
Saturday, October 10, 2020
10 AM – 12 PM + (wave times assigned)
Maple Neighborhood Center, 3301 37th Ave. Sacramento, CA 95824
Racers must be 4 – 15 years of age
Race Only: $20 per person
Training Program, T-Shirt & Race: $50 per person
T-Shirt (add-on): $10 per shirt
Team Race: $20 (Captain registers only)
Age Groups: 4-5 years old, 6-8 years old, 9-12 years old, and 13-15 years old. Team is 6-15.
All proceeds support the operation of the Sacramento Adventure Playground.
Hint: Enter your information as a parent first (as if you were the participant in the age group). When it prompts you to “Register for Someone under 18” this is when you put your child’s information in. Need Help: https://support.activenetwork.com/endurance/articles/en_US/Article/Register-Someone-Below-18-Registration-Flow?searchIn=allTypes
Online registration closes Thursday, October 8 at 11:59 PM.
Online sales of the Dirty Kid Obstacle Race Camp t-shirt ends Saturday, September 26.
START TIMES & WAVES
Start will be in Waves approximately 10 minutes apart.
Wave times will be posted no later than October 9.
OBSTACLE COURSE TRAINING PROGRAM (OPTIONAL)
ON-LINE REGISTRATION FOR TRAINING IS CLOSED. Sept. 5 and 12 are filled. We are starting a second group for Sept. 19, 26 and Oct. 3, 2:00-3:00pm. Cost is $15. Call/Email to see if any space is available. (916) 222-3831. email@example.com
Speed, coordination and strength are factors in obstacle racing, but learning the techniques are invaluable. In the Saturday Training Program, we’ll teach you the basics and some advanced stuff. Price includes the race on October 10 as well as a T-shirt. Other recommended races will be at the parents’ discretion, registration, transportation, cost, etc. If the initial training time of 1-2pm fills, we will open a 2nd slot at 2-3pm.
Saturdays, 1-2pm, Sept. 5, 12, 19, 26 and Oct. 3. $20 FILLED
Saturdays, 2-3pm, Sept. 19, 26 and Oct. 3. $15. FILLED
Saturday, Oct. 3, 10am-11am, 6-15 years of age. $10. NEW ADDITION
Saturday, Oct. 3, 10:15am-11:00am, 4-5 years of age. $10. NEW ADDITION
All proceeds support the operation of the Sacramento Adventure Playground. As such there are no refunds.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! Please contact Emily Tong at firstname.lastname@example.org about volunteering. email@example.com